Networker

Re: [Networker] Recycleable saveset

2012-12-14 15:27:15
Subject: Re: [Networker] Recycleable saveset
From: Michael Leone <Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2012 15:26:28 -0500
> I apologize in advance for this but i could not find the info in
thearchives..
> We are running Networker 7.6.3 and I need to restore critical data
> from Sep 2011. The saveset is marked Recycleable. I ran the  nsrmm -
> S SSID/CLONEID -o notrecyclable  and marked the copy as not
> recyclable. Now i need to run the nsrck -L7 -t date client.. What
> date do i need in the date field...Sorry it has been a long time
> since i did one of these.

Always do the CFI backup taken *after* the date you want to restore. So if
you want to restore Dec 31, do an nsrck as of Jan 1.

Bear in mind that you may also need to change the expiration date on the
index, as well as the data you want to recover. Then mark both as not
recyclable. Then do your nsrck -L7.

I always then make the browse and expiration dates another 7 years in the
future, so I don't have to do this again.