Networker

[Networker] Looking for large Networker environments

2012-12-13 19:30:07
Subject: [Networker] Looking for large Networker environments
From: "Roberts, Justin (GE, Appl & Light)" <Justin.Roberts2 AT GE DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2012 00:23:58 +0000
We switched to Networker in the last year and we've experienced a lot of
performance issues that we've worked through.   I keep asking EMC to get me in
touch with another customer with a large environment so we can talk, and they
keep "forgetting" to arrange it.

I'm running two Networker servers and I think I'm pushing one of them too hard
(although the other isn't that far behind).   Wanted to see if anyone else is
running a Networker server this large or if I'm just crazy for trying.

Largest Server:
Windows 2008 R2 64bit w/ 6 CPU's and 8GB RAM
Clients: ~2000 configured
Groups: ~400 (ranging from every hour to once a week)
Storage Nodes: 3+networker server itself
Backup media:  3 Data Domain's and 4 Avamar Grids
Backup types:    Filesystem/RMAN/SAP/MSSQL/NDMP/VADP

Justin M Roberts
GE Appliances and Lighting
TAS Midrange Services

T +1 502 452 4136
M +1 502 494 5728
F + 1-502 371 8271
justin.roberts2 AT ge DOT com<mailto:justin.roberts2 AT ge DOT com>
www.ge.com<http://www.ge.com/>
Appliance Park AP4-300
Louisville, KY 40225 USA
General Electric Company