Networker

Re: [Networker] Older NW clients with v7.6.4.3 server

2012-11-28 08:18:32
Subject: Re: [Networker] Older NW clients with v7.6.4.3 server
From: Michael Leone <Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2012 08:18:06 -0500
> Do not forget the problem i mentioned earlier - if you update from
> 7.4 to 7.6 (and maybe other versions), the new client will not start
> with the old resource files.

Found that out the hard way a couple weeks ago, when I updated the last 25
or so clients from 7.4/7.5 to 7.6. A bit less than half didn't work
afterwards. I had forgotten that 7.4 to 7.6 requires deleting the
installation folder, before installing 7.6. So I had a dozen clients that
failed the nightly backup. The other dozen or so clients worked fine. So I
don't know why some needed to delete the installation folder before
installing 7.6, and some didn't.