Networker

Re: [Networker] Is it possible to mix LTO-4 and LTO-5 drives ?

2012-11-06 12:02:55
Subject: Re: [Networker] Is it possible to mix LTO-4 and LTO-5 drives ?
From: Valere Binet <valere.binet AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2012 11:51:39 -0500
Adding LTO5 drives shouldn't cause any trouble. They'll be able to
read/write your current LTO4 tapes.
The fun will begin once you add LTO5 tapes in the library.
These tapes cannot be used by the LTO4 drives so, you'll likely have to
create a different pool form them and select only the LTO5 drives for that
pool.
You can avoid that by replacing your LTO4 drives with LTO5 ones.

Hoping this helps.

Valère Binet