Networker

[Networker] Replicated Dedupe disk backup appliances for SMB market?

2012-11-01 09:25:14
Subject: [Networker] Replicated Dedupe disk backup appliances for SMB market?
From: Matthew Huff <mhuff AT OX DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2012 09:25:01 -0400
We are looking at replacing our tape backup system with a replicated disk-based
solution like the Quantum DXi4000.
My concerns are that it exposes itself to the backup software as a NFS device
instead of iSCSI/FCoE or even FC.
Another concern is that it only has GigE interfaces. Does anyone have any
experience with the Quantum solution
or other similar SMB solutions?

P.S. Resending because I forget to turn off my digital signature and when I
resent, I left off the subject. I wish this listserv would add an exception for
X-PKCS7-SIGNATURE attachments.
----
Matthew Huff             | 1 Manhattanville Rd
Director of Operations   | Purchase, NY 10577
OTA Management LLC       | Phone: 914-460-4039
aim: matthewbhuff        | Fax:   914-460-4139