Networker

Re: [Networker] How to limit the size of daemon.raw for windows clients?

2012-10-31 19:23:20
Subject: Re: [Networker] How to limit the size of daemon.raw for windows clients?
From: Michael Leone <Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2012 19:10:05 -0400
> There is no way to adjust the size of the daemon.raw file.
>
> However, NW 8 will automatically begin a new file when the size
> reached 2 MB by default. I do not know whether you can tune this value.

Theoretically, I guess you could stop and start the NW services via a
scheduled task. Stopping the services closes the daemon.raw file and
renames it. Starting the services creates a new blank daemon.raw, and then
starts filling it up.

Or am I thinking only of the daemon.raw of the server, and not the
clients?