Networker

Re: [Networker] discrepancy in sizes reported

2012-09-25 06:53:49
Subject: Re: [Networker] discrepancy in sizes reported
From: Frank Swasey <Frank.Swasey AT UVM DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2012 06:53:06 -0400
Mat,

The file system is a disk full of images from medical testing equipment.  I was
performing a
full backup of this disk.  Due to a rearrangement of servers, it was the first
full backup of
this disk.

mminfo shows this:

# mminfo -q
'name=G:\MED15AcupunctureLab\GROUPS\AcupunctureLab\Neurology3,level=full,pool=comis
onsite' -r 'volume,sumsize,totalsize'
 volume           size      total
010064L4        268 GB 2258810702832
010065L4        219 GB 2258810702832
010467L4        324 GB 2258810702832
010478L4        269 GB 2258810702832
010483L4       7292 MB 2258810702832
010485L4        292 GB 2258810702832
010581L4        285 GB 2258810702832
010592L4        353 GB 2258810702832
100038L4        184 GB 2258810702832

Which in all cases adds up to just over 2 TB.

So, I'll report to EMC that their savegrp report is wrong.

Thanks for sticking with me on this.

-Frank