Networker

[Networker] discrepancy in sizes reported

2012-09-24 13:53:24
Subject: [Networker] discrepancy in sizes reported
From: bingo <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2012 10:53:06 -0700
Frank,

at least it was not my intention to pick on procedures. So far i just have not
seen somebody using nsradmin to get status information about active save
streams.
Since nsrwatch is also available for windows, I would most likely prefer this
utility. But if one is used to something he will probably use it forever.

I do not see any reason why NW (uasm) would change the size of a files - it
takes what the OS delivers.
So i still think it is worth to compare the report utilities, i.e. your
nsradmin method and the nsrwatch output. This might already point to the issue.
However, the reason  could be as easy as a programmer's typo. Also, do not
forget that the number 2040 is pretty close to one of these 'magic' numbers
(2000 or 2048) where a lot of programs 'usually' had limitations.