Networker

Re: [Networker] Index size confusion

2012-09-17 15:17:18
Subject: Re: [Networker] Index size confusion
From: George Sinclair <george.sinclair AT NOAA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2012 15:16:48 -0400
On 2012-09-17 14:34, bingo wrote:
Index backups are run with the following levels:
   - in general, they have the same level as data backups
   - only if you run incrementals, NW will do index backups with level 9
        This is just a precaution as it would take a lot of index backups to
fully recover the index for one client.
        It could be any of the same level to run a differential backup scheme
but Legato has chosen level 9.

So is any level backup of an index going to result in the same result/action as a level 9?

I guess that's what I'm questioning because I was a little surprised to see that this indeed looks to be the case, but not so with regular data backups. I guess I would have thought that it would work the same with indexes, with the exception that incrementals get run as level 9s.

|This was sent by carsten_reinfeld AT avus-cr DOT de via Backup Central.

George Sinclair
Voice: (301) 713-3284 x210
- The preceding message is personal and does not reflect any official or
unofficial position of the United States Department of Commerce -