Networker

Re: [Networker] Savegroup hangs

2012-09-11 06:09:59
Subject: Re: [Networker] Savegroup hangs
From: Yaron Zabary <yaron AT ARISTO.TAU.AC DOT IL>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2012 13:09:31 +0300
Actually the problem is with the fact that Networker is unable to realize, by itself, that some saveset in the worklist will not happen and understand that the savegroup should be terminated. This is regardless of the root cause of the issue preventing the backup from working. Otherwise, you might find that a group is hanged for a few days and that you were missing their backups.

Setting the hard runtime limit to 24 hours is a good workaround, but this is only suitable for those groups that you are sure will always end within 24 hours.