Networker

Re: [Networker] Win2008 R2 client does not show DISASTER_RECOVERY: saveset when saving ALL - ADDENDUM

2012-09-10 15:18:04
Subject: Re: [Networker] Win2008 R2 client does not show DISASTER_RECOVERY: saveset when saving ALL - ADDENDUM
From: Michael Leone <Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2012 15:15:36 -0400
> > It's just that this client does not show the DISASTER_RECOVERY:
saveset in
> > NW User, and my other clients do ...
>
> Ok, I wouldn't have expected it to turn up at all :-)
> The "official" ways of finding savesets are either NMC "Save set"
> from "Media" or CLI "mminfo".

Oh, I know. And I can, and I did. But the other way is quick and easy. And
does work, for a few other clients. So I am puzzled as to why it works for
2 and not the other ...

> > I'm trying to get my users off it, so I can reboot it with the offline

> > recover ISO, and see what *it* thinks is an available
DISASTER_RECOVERY:
> > saveset ...
>
> That will be interesting. Let us know the result!

Using the Offline Recovery ISO, I do in fact see the entries for all the
jobs that have been running on this client. So I did have the option to
choose the Aug 26, 2012 run. (I can't do it for real until tomorrow, when
the tapes come back from offsite)

So it looks like the issue is with WN User. If I do a saveset of
"DISASTER_RECOVERY:" on that client (not ALL, but explicitly
DISASTER_RECOVERY:), then I do see DISASTER_RECOVERY: in NW User ... but
only for that one run; if I change dates to the past, I do not see it.
(but I do for other Win2008 clients who only have used the ALL saveset).

Weird, huh? :-)

So I guess I am in a holding pattern until my tapes come back. At least
know I am more confident that it will work. I got flustered when NW User
showed me the proper savesets for 2 clients, and not the 3rd.