Networker

[Networker] A story of nsrinfo and backup levels

2012-09-07 07:18:40
Subject: [Networker] A story of nsrinfo and backup levels
From: FAIDHERBE Thierry <thierry.faidherbe AT FOREM DOT BE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2012 11:09:42 +0000
Hello friends,

I have been faced to a situation I cannot explain :

NSR7.5.3. Ok, I should go to 7.5.4 but anyway..

Given a file in a directory on a windows box ...

Given schedule "Full Sunday, level 1 other days".

Sunday Full backup runs OK. mminfo to gather nsavetime,

then nsrinfo -t nsavetime client to get file list.

File is listed. Great.

Monday. File is untouched. I launch Level 1 backup.

Backup is ok, mminfo and nsrinfo.

file not listed as expected from nsrinfo file list.

Tuesday : Edited the file. I launch Level 1 backup.

Backup is ok, mminfo and nsrinfo.

file listed as expected from nsrinfo file list

Wednesday : File is untouched (dated of Tuesday).

I launch Level 1 backup.

Backup is ok, mminfo and nsrinfo

-> file NOT listed !!!! According me, it should be

as Level 1 backups differentially files modified since

level full.

Thursday : File is untouched (dated of Tuesday).

I launch Level 1 backup.

Backup is ok, mminfo and nsrinfo

-> file NOT listed !!!! According me, it should be

as Level 1 backups differentially files modified since

level full.

Am I wrong ?

Kind regards - Bien cordialement - Vriendelijke groeten,

Thierry FAIDHERBE

Backup/Storage & System Management

LE FOREM

Département des Systèmes d'Information

Direction Infrastructure

Boulevard Tirou, 104  Tel:    +32 (0)71/206730

B-6000 CHARLEROI      Mobile: +32 (477)/995319

                      Fax:    +32 (0)71/206199

BELGIUM               Mail : Thierry.faidherbe<at>forem.be

"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams",
Eleanor Roosevelt