Networker

[Networker] NW 8.0.0.x

2012-09-06 08:37:21
Subject: [Networker] NW 8.0.0.x
From: Frank Swasey <Frank.Swasey AT UVM DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2012 08:27:44 -0400
I am starting to test with NW 8.0 on an RHEL6.3 64-bit system, and I just did
an upgrade from
NW 7.6sp4.  I did the basic, remove the old, install the new, start it up...
I've confirmed in
the installation guide that there was really nothing else that I needed to do.
 Now, the
question I've got is has anyone else done this?

Given that my notifications are configured to use /bin/logger (which doesn't
exist, it's
/usr/bin/logger on RHEL 6.3) and it throws errors in the /nsr/logs/daemon.raw
file, I'm
assuming that either I've gone totally bonkers or EMC has something wonky in
their code! (I am
obliged note that this is on my test system and my production server, which is
RHEL 6.3 64-bit
and NW 7.6sp4 plus NW142341, does not have any notifications that use logger at
all --
therefore, I think these are new notifications added by NW 8.0)

Can anyone confirm that I'm bonkers before I open an issue with EMC?