Networker

Re: [Networker] Tool/Software to Monitor my Networker Servers ???? Exist ???

2012-07-26 08:45:44
Subject: Re: [Networker] Tool/Software to Monitor my Networker Servers ???? Exist ???
From: Michael Leone <Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2012 08:37:05 -0400
> Hi Daniel,
>
> Assuming this is all NetWorker, if it were me I'd just look after it all
> from a single NMC, this is the cheapest and easiest option to centralise
> reporting (albeit within the reporting constraints of the NMC).

I have 3 NW servers in one NMC (one network edition, 2 work group
editions). Between that, and having groups send you emails on completion,
gives you a good start on monitoring. (especially if you look for emails
that have FAIL in the subject line ....)

> 1. Graphics of my backups
> 2. Backups sucessfull and failed (including clone jobs) 3. Porcent of
> sucessfull in a month, year etc 4. Inventory all my backup items
> (libraries, server, tapes)

Thierry's Networker Reporting Utility system might be able to help with
#3. Google for a link to it.