Networker

Re: [Networker] How to recover an aborted tape ?

2012-07-18 09:13:11
Subject: Re: [Networker] How to recover an aborted tape ?
From: Frank Swasey <Frank.Swasey AT UVM DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2012 09:12:56 -0400
On 7/18/12 9:09 AM, Manel Rodero Blanquez wrote:
> I would like to know if we can "recover" an aborted tape so Legato can write
> more data on it.

Manel,

You will need to stage all the valid data off that tape (which will probably
involve data that
resides on other tapes as well), and then you can relabel the tape and use it
again.  EMC's
documentation says that staging is not valid for tape volumes, but it works (at
least up to
7.6, I haven't tested with 8.0 yet).