Networker

Re: [Networker] Tapes marked full prematurely

2012-06-08 08:29:35
Subject: Re: [Networker] Tapes marked full prematurely
From: Rainer Rethmeier <rethmeier.rainer AT WEB DOT DE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2012 14:20:58 +0200
Hello Ron,
as soon as the nsrmmd gets an error during write, it marks the tape as full.
This can be a problem in the connection between the server an the drives, the
drives itself or
the tapes. In your case I think, it is a connection problem, which occurs under
high workload. I would check the event lock of the server, often it is a
controller problem
or a jbeck problem (I am not sure how this is written, I mean the kight
interface between the controller and the FC cable)
Kind regrads
Rainer