Networker

Re: [Networker] Getting history with nsrinfo??

2012-06-05 11:42:07
Subject: Re: [Networker] Getting history with nsrinfo??
From: "Dsouza, Rovinabishek" <rovinabishek.dsouza AT HP DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2012 15:37:31 +0000
You have to basically understand the user of nsrinfo and mminfo. Nsrinfo is
used to query the catalog files and mminfo is used to query the media database.
 The Media database and the nsrinfo have information regarding only the
successful backups (Yes, mminfo will give you information regarding the
savesets that were initiated but not completed). Thus, to get a complete
picture of the backups status/report logs can be your best friend, but again
you can use the NMC reports as well but it would give you a complete picture
though.

Rovin A. D'Souza
Principal Infrastructure Engineer| BUR  NetWorker| ITIL & EMCSA Certified |
ITO-DCS-Storage| MphasiS An HP  Company
Techbay, PL Compound, Morgan's Gate, 22-5-750, Jeppu Ferry road, Mangalore -
575001 | CUG extn- #5 651423 # |email:  rovinabishek.dsouza AT hp DOT com | For
any escalation, please contact Afkar Khan (Afkar.Khan AT hp DOT com)

 Information transmitted by this e-mail is proprietary to MphasiS and/ or its
Customers and is intended for use only by the individual or entity to which it
is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or
recipient or it appears that this mail has been forwarded to you without proper
authority, you are notified that any use or dissemination of this Information
in any manner is strictly prohibited. In such cases, please notify us
immediately at mailmaster AT mphasis DOT com and delete this mail from your
record