Networker

[Networker] MS Cluster backup issues

2012-06-01 06:05:56
Subject: [Networker] MS Cluster backup issues
From: Andy Williams <Andy.Williams AT IPO.GOV DOT UK>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2012 11:04:31 +0100
Hi Guys

Anyone seen this type of problem.

We run an Exchange system on a ms cluster, backup is done via the Networker
Exchange module, all working well until a active directory domain controller
was replaced.

What we now see is that the module license is now applied to the physical node
instead of the virtual node, instead of just one license we now need one for
each of the nodes.

Client setup is as follows..

Virtual cluster node runs MSEXCH:IS backup ( command is nsrxchsv.exe -c
<virtualnode name> )

Two physical nodes
phys_node_a
phy_node_b

DNS lookups for the all of the nodes ( forward and reverse) from the clients
and the server look correct.

Snoop shows the server initiating the backup with the virtual node ip address
and the virtual node ip address replies.

Nsrlic -v show the license being used by the active physical node.

I've deleted and recreated the clients ( as requested by EMC support ) but
still no change.

Backup/restore performance is really poor, we cannot do recovers during work
hours as exchange becomes unresponsive ( very high cpu ).

The mailbox database is 112 gig, we're migrating to another server where the
mailbox databases are kept at a max of 40Gig or so.

Any ideas out there?

Thanks

Andy