Networker

Re: [Networker] Trying to define/backup a client through NAT **SOLVED**

2012-05-16 11:07:04
Subject: Re: [Networker] Trying to define/backup a client through NAT **SOLVED**
From: Manel Rodero Blanquez <manel AT FIB.UPC DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 16 May 2012 17:00:37 +0200
Hello,

Finally I've got it working.

1st step) limit the number of ports in the client using 'nsrports'. In my case, the 4 minimum ports:

        nsrports -S 7937-7940

2nd step) add the following forwarding rules in the NAT:

        TCP 7937
        TCP 7938
        TCP 7939
        TCP 7940
        UDP 7938 (lgtomapper)
        TCP 514 (Shell Connection/mapper)
        TCP 111 (mapper)
        UDP 111 (mapper)

Note that I'm not sure if 111 is necessary because I suppose that in new versions 514 is used instead but I've added it to the NAT.

3rd step) ensure client firewall allows the IP address of the server

4th step) ensure server firewall allows the IP address of the client (in our case, the external address of the NAT for this VM and the external address of the NAT for the cloud)

5th step) define the client using the wizard, all works OK! I can define it, browse the filesystem for selecting, etc.

6th step) need for backup, allow the external address of the NAT for the cloud in the remote section of the client definition (this is a requirement because in this cloud environment all the VM go out through a common virtual interface).

And now it works ;-)

Hope it helps to someone.

See you.