Networker

[Networker] Logs: Write completion notices & volume space/mounting issues

2012-05-15 06:24:32
Subject: [Networker] Logs: Write completion notices & volume space/mounting issues
From: Paul Key <pkey AT SGUL.AC DOT UK>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 15 May 2012 11:20:38 +0100
Solaris 10
NetWorker Management Console version 3.4.Build.187
based on NetWorker version 7.4.Build.187

We have disks mounted as zfs 'bud' X4500 pool volumes that are used for
incremental backups.  The incremental backups are stalling and the message:

15/05/2012 10:52:38  0 nsrd write completion notice: Writing to volume
complete

is repeated in daemon.raw every few seconds - I ran:

/usr/sbin/nsr/nsr_render_log -mepathy /nsr/logs/daemon.raw > daemon.txt

to see if this revealed any more information but it does not. "zpool
status" shows no errors.  Does anyone know why this message is repeated
so often and how to fix it?

There are bud volumes mounted that show available space but these appear
not to be recognised as the message:

15/05/2012 10:51:35  0 nsrd media event cleared: Waiting for 2 writable
volumes to backup pool 'X4500' disk(s) or tape(s) on backup2
15/05/2012 10:51:35  0 nsrd media critical event: Waiting for 3 writable
volumes to backup pool 'X4500' disk(s) or tape(s) on backup2

keeps appearing in the log too.

If I try to mount more X4500 bud volumes then I get a "Too many open
files" message and the volume will not mount.  I have tried increasing
the open file limits:

ulimit -Sn 65536
ulimit -Hn 65536 etc but this makes no difference.

Does anyone know why networker is doing this and how to fix these messages?

Thanks

Paul