Networker

[Networker] Scheduled Clone Jobs - How To Set Exclusions Rather Than Filtering For What To Include

2012-04-26 13:58:38
Subject: [Networker] Scheduled Clone Jobs - How To Set Exclusions Rather Than Filtering For What To Include
From: "Bowersock, Bryan" <Bryan.Bowersock AT AHSS DOT ORG>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2012 17:58:19 +0000
Is there a way to configure a scheduled clone job such that it EXCLUDES
specific savesets rather than INCLUDING them?  For instance, using mminfo query
commands in Networker and adding an exclamation point before certain parts of
the query will give you the opposite results...or results that are NOT like the
data that is being queried for.

Example:

mminfo -a -r
"volume,client,savetime(22),totalsize,nfiles,name,ssflags,sumflags,pool" -q
"!incomplete" -t yesterday

This would return all NOT INCOMPLETE backups, but rather successful ones and
not incomplete ones.  If you remove the exclamation point, then it queries for
the incomplete status.

With that being said, obviously this has nothing to do with cloning, but I
wanted to see if there is similar functionality that I can use.  I am trying to
exclude VSS savesets from going to our tape media as we have a Data Domain that
retains data for 30 days.  I would think that after a month one would no longer
need the VSS savesets...maybe even a week, no?  Maybe this is something to add
to the Networker wish list?

-          In the scheduled clone job properties in the NMC, under filter
savesets by name, one could put "!VSS ASR DISK:\" and that would exclude it
from being cloned, while cloning other data, rather than putting "VSS ASR
DISK:\" to ONLY clone that specific saveset.

Any thoughts on ways to configure the clone job to do this?  Currently, our
clone jobs send ALL FULL backups from the last week to tape, including the VSS
savesets, since they are full backups also.  Hopefully this makes
sense...please bare with me as I am self-taught and don't have any formal
training with Networker.

Thanks in advance!

Bryan