Networker

[Networker] Spanning savesets across multiple AFTD devices

2012-04-24 11:32:52
Subject: [Networker] Spanning savesets across multiple AFTD devices
From: bingo <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2012 08:32:39 -0700
Hi Michael,

an AFTD media will never be set to full AUTOMATICALLY. So this will not work.
I am pretty sure that you might set it to full but not when there is a pending
write. Consequently, if you abort the write process, the aborted save set will
automatically be deleted which means that a save set can never be continued on
another media (no matter which type).

You can achieve what you want but in this case you must use the predecessor,
the FTD device type.