Networker

Re: [Networker] linux client trying to use itself as server

2012-04-18 14:19:50
Subject: Re: [Networker] linux client trying to use itself as server
From: Yaron Zabary <yaron AT ARISTO.TAU.AC DOT IL>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2012 21:17:58 +0300
You really need to show us the savepnpc command if you want us to figure that out.

On 04/18/2012 05:10 PM, =?utf-8?Q?Christian_Jurecka?= wrote:
Hi everybody,

we have a problem with Postgres on linux doing backup with savepnpc.
OS is Redhat 5.7, networker version is 7.6.2.7.

Node is running a PostgresDB, backup goes with savepnpc. Pstclientsave
sends WAL-Logs from client to server. Sometimes (not very often) the
following messages appears in savepnpc.log:

3817:save: Using "clientname" as server
39076:save: RPC warning: RPC cannot make a procedure call: Create failed:
Program not registered

After that it continues with
3817:save: Using "networker server" as server
and backup goes on.

Savesets on the server are complete, so it seems the saveset is sent again
with the right servername and saved on tape as it should be. However,
script sends back a returncode "1" and our Postgres-admin asks why backup
has gone wrong.

Any ideas how to avoid this?

Regards, Christian

-- Yaron.