Networker

[Networker] How to find out a file?

2012-03-24 11:15:08
Subject: [Networker] How to find out a file?
From: bingo <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2012 08:13:28 -0700
Hello,

at least i misunderstood your problem on the first attempt.

Because you are referring to the ARCHIVE pool, I assume that you also use NW's
archive option. If so, you can just recover the entire save set - there is no
file index written that you can scan. However, if you do not have any other
clue where the file came from, especially if you do not remember the client,
then you are in real trouble. Worst case you must recover all archived data and
search through all pathnames.