Networker

[Networker] Verifying LTO compression is on?

2012-03-22 11:22:09
Subject: [Networker] Verifying LTO compression is on?
From: bingo <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2012 08:21:32 -0700
You usually define that via your driver's choice (especially on UNIX/Linux).

The SCSI INQUIRE command will in fact tell you that. However, you usually do
not get the result in binary/hex form so that a SCSI manual will be able to
help you. Although NW can issue these commands (cdiinq -f device_name, issued
locally at the SN), it will unfortunately convert the result in a readable text
and omit a lot of details.

I think there was an HP Tape Test Tool which can provide you that info (at
least for Windows) but i do not remember exactly its capabilities. And of
course you should not run this tool as long as NW still controls the drive.