Networker

[Networker] Backup options for speeding up a backup of Win 2008 server.

2012-03-21 07:54:30
Subject: [Networker] Backup options for speeding up a backup of Win 2008 server.
From: kurianv <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2012 04:54:04 -0700
Hi,
I am using Nw 7.6.2 Server edition on Win2008 to backup many clients. I have a
Client in Win 2008 server 64 bit which has around 1.5 TB on one single
parttion. Its normally a repository for all our software packages etc. But the
main problem is that it takes 2 -3 days to complete the whole backup of the
complete partion . Is there someway I can speed up the backup of this
partition. May be its due to N/w constraints iam not able. Could we configure a
NDMP backup for this partition for this server?

For your info. i have configured NDMP backup for a NAS in oour affiliate. But
is it possible to take a backup of this Server through Fibre optic connectivity.

Your suggestions would be valuable.

Thanks and Regards,
Kurian