Networker

[Networker] Finding Completion Report History?

2012-03-07 10:55:16
Subject: [Networker] Finding Completion Report History?
From: Vygur <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2012 07:54:45 -0800
Thanks for all the help guys, regardless, i'd like to know both ends, the easy
way and the experienced way.  There is always validity in knowing multiple ways
to do the same thing and seeing what works for me.

Enchanted: in regards to what you put here, where is this command line tool you
speak of?  Do you mean generally logging in to the server via CLI or is there
actually something there in the reports window?  I do appologize that I am very
cautious as the "powers" i have in the environment I am in can be very
destructive if I do something wrong.  Right now being the new guy in my first
networker position, I need to see what the last guy did, understand it and
start tweaking things for our new environment (single datazone across two
buildings with datadomain dedup).  FYI, the reason why I need to get the older
completion reports is because we have two others who never took the networker
course and only know how to do specific things with networker and were managing
it during time of transition.  Really enough to get by but not to truly manage
etc.  I am tasked with becoming the expert of our environment and sharing the
knowledge with all and documenting it and one of them had a!
 sked me how is that possible.  Thanks again!

startquote
you generally get what failed. Note that there's a command line tool
that comes with the GUI that you can run from scripts to generate all
kinds of reports. I'm doing this:

my $report='/Reports/NetWorker Backup Status/Save Set Details by Client';
my $statuses='failed,incomplete,unexpectedly exited';
my < at > cmd = ( '/opt/lgtonmc/bin/gstclreport',
'-u', $conf->user(),
'-P', $conf->password(),
'-f', $temp_file,
'-o', 'landscape',