Networker

[Networker] delete tape numbers from the media db?

2012-03-02 18:22:26
Subject: [Networker] delete tape numbers from the media db?
From: Vygur <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2012 15:20:57 -0800
> in the NetWorker tape library configuration and possibly adjust your pool
> settings to allow the pools those tapes are a member of to be re-used.

I'm new to my position as a networker admin, i unfortunately can't change
settings right now until i've become more senior, this is actually my first
networker position and is a pretty big difference from taking the course and
doing the job.  We definitely DO NOT use auto media management.  I forgot about
adjusting the pool!  Thank's that will help for a large number of tapes!!
Unfortunately for how the previous person had things setup/how our "culture" is
here... they do not want things automatically recycling into a different pool
for some of our tapes.  We write on the tape cases what pool each tape belongs
to - and for some reason they do not want to move anything.  I have about 300
tapes that are from a pool we no longer use, so I could auto recycle to other
pools there; but unfortunately i have about 100 tapes (50 in two different
pools) that have other tapes that are not expired and they will always want to
recycle those tapes to the same pool... so i guess those ones!
  i'll have to do manually i guess.