Networker

Re: [Networker] How To Change Networker Client Name When Hostname Changes

2012-02-17 15:02:41
Subject: Re: [Networker] How To Change Networker Client Name When Hostname Changes
From: "Mason, Wilbur" <Wilbur.Mason AT PFIZER DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2012 20:02:04 +0000
Ok here goes. Make sure both client names are deleted. Go into the hosts file
of your Networker server and create a dummy IP address and name. Go into
Networker and create a new client name (using the dummy name) and give it the
client id 4cc3bd4d-00000004-4f3e9b09-4f3e9b08-0323e778-5e9591d1.
At this point FKWMXQ1 is not associated with any client ID and you can now
create that new client name with the client id you want
(cd8105c4-00000004-4cb86cf9-4cb89633-00aae778-5e9591d1).

When all this is done and working delete the dummy client and the hosts file
entry on the Networker server.