Networker

Re: [Networker] Netwroker 7.6 adv_file to HP D2D 2504i - NAS/Share device - hitting 25000 files+directories device-imposed per-share limitation

2012-02-08 15:22:33
Subject: Re: [Networker] Netwroker 7.6 adv_file to HP D2D 2504i - NAS/Share device - hitting 25000 files+directories device-imposed per-share limitation
From: Sri <dalsc11 AT CELANESE DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2012 15:22:21 -0500
Two things have helped in our configuration:

1) Setting volume to Auto recycle mode - this helped clean-up older
savesets, reducing files+dirs count

2) Removal of older but empty directories on this NAS Share (networker
AFTD volume) -- is this OK to do ?

3) Removal of VSS subsets (save operations configuring VSS to off) for non-
critical servers. This saves 4-5 savesets/server per day;

Thanks
Sri