Networker

Re: [Networker] Stale Asychronous RPC Handle error from NMC

2012-02-03 10:20:12
Subject: Re: [Networker] Stale Asychronous RPC Handle error from NMC
From: Michael Leone <Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2012 10:19:40 -0500
My problem *may* have been related to a b0rked installation of our
anti-virus software (Kaspersky) blocking traffic when it wasn't supposed
to. Hopefully the re-install of that will fix the problems. (we noticed we
couldn't remote control the machine using LANDesk, either, since Kaspersky
was blocking that traffic, too - that's what led us to look at Kaspersky
as the culprit,)

--
Michael Leone
Network Administrator, ISM

EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU> wrote on
02/02/2012 08:48:03 AM:

> From: Michael Leone <Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT GOV>
> To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
> Date: 02/02/2012 08:48 AM
> Subject: [Networker] Stale Asychronous RPC Handle error from NMC
> Sent by: EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU>
>
> I'm having some problems with my Networker Management Console, v7.6.2,
> running on Win 7 Pro x64. I will get an error message "Stale
Asynchronous
> RPC Handle", and then messages about how the connection has been
forcibly
> closed by the remote host. I will stay connected, but lose things like
> group history - that is, if I go to MONITORING, choose a group,
> right-click and say "SHOW DETAILS", I see nothing - no list of which
> clients completed successfully, and how long it took, etc.
>
> Rebooting (not logging off) will clear that. But then the history will
> just randomly disappear again, even without the stale handle error
> message. I know the history still there, because it comes back on a
> reboot. Also, the server seems unaffected - the jobs run on their
> scheduled time, I get the group completion emails as I should, etc. The
> only thing that seems whacky is NMC ...
>
> Searches aren't showing anything, except one suggestion to re-install
NMC.