Networker

[Networker] Windows + Oracle + Savepnpc

2012-01-30 17:26:53
Subject: [Networker] Windows + Oracle + Savepnpc
From: brerrabbit <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2012 14:26:38 -0800
Greetings all

We're a Windows shop by and large, hosts, databases etc.

Recently, one of our departments bought a product that runs on Win 2008 with an
Oracle DB installed locally.  The vendor has a job for creating Oracle dumps,
and is completely responsible for doing dump restores.  I merely have to scoop
up the dump (sorry, couldn't resist) with Networker nightly.

Instead of relying on a job scheduled within Oracle to create the dump, I'd
prefer to have Networker invoke the job with a script via savepnpc.  I do this
on a number of MS SQL servers and it works fine, but I've got no hands-on with
Oracle.  The NW client is 7.6.2 FWIW.

Any resources/references out there folks would recommend?  Anybody (crosses
fingers) happen to have a sample script lying around they'd care to share?

Agents aren't really an option, we're not licensed for Oracle and the vendor is
supposed to be the support contact.

Thanks in advance....

--brerrabbit