Networker

Re: [Networker] NSR 7.4.5 Entire Catalog dump to text file...????

2012-01-18 16:13:34
Subject: Re: [Networker] NSR 7.4.5 Entire Catalog dump to text file...????
From: Eddie Albert <Eddie.Albert AT CITIZENSFLA DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2012 16:13:10 -0500
As someone who has been asked to restore data from as far back as 20
years...

My advice would be against that. Not that it can't be done, more the
issue of finding the proper data. If there is a potential requirement
that the data will be restored, consider a data migration service. The
cost to migrate data is small when planned for in advance when compared
to the cost of spelunking for some of this data.

Just a thought sir, from a humble serf...

Semper fidelis et paratus, /ALE