Networker

[Networker] Client renaming problems

2012-01-09 06:20:50
Subject: [Networker] Client renaming problems
From: tonyalbers <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2012 03:17:20 -0800
Hi Denis,

The right way to do this is as follows.:

Say we got a client called foo (id=aaa). This is the one we want to recreate.

If you get the error message "new_name already exists with another clientid",
this means that there is still a reference to it in NW's internal databases.
The way to go around it is to create a new client with another name and then
give that one the old client id from foo(AAA). Then we delete the new client
and recreate foo with its original name and client id and now it works.

1. Remove client foo (id=aaa).
2. create client bar with id=aaa. This will ask you to confirm that you want to
reassociate the client id aaa with another client.
3. remove client bar.
4. recreate foo with id=aaa.

And you're done.

/tony