Networker

[Networker] NMM Client Indexes

2012-01-06 12:26:44
Subject: [Networker] NMM Client Indexes
From: "Morton, Jeffrey" <Jeffrey.Morton AT MULTIPLAN DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2012 12:25:50 -0500
In implementing the Networker Module for Microsoft DBs and Applications
I notice there are a number of differences when dealing with snapshots
versus traditional backup methods.

I am curious about the indexing of these rolled over snapshots and how
these can be retained for archival purposes.

Say we want to take a snapshot of an Exchange DB and retain it off-site
on tape for a period of time.  How is recoverability ensured in a case
like this?

Is the file index required for snapshots?  Will scanner operate as usual
if we need to recover savesets into the media index?  Can these savesets
be migrated to an alternate backup server using the scanner method?

Regards,

Jeff Morton

NOTICE OF CONFIDENTIALITY: This message and any attachments contains
confidential information belonging to the sender intended only for the use of
the individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient, be
advised that copying, disclosure or reliance upon the contents is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this message in error please notify the sender
immediately.