Networker

[Networker] How to create a user to only monitor backups

2011-11-22 12:02:31
Subject: [Networker] How to create a user to only monitor backups
From: bingo <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2011 09:01:45 -0800
How do I create a user to just monitor backups and do nothing else, in
networker 7.6.2?

This is not possible. If you grant the privilege 'Monitor NetWorker' there is
no finer granularity.

In NetWorker Administration, not in NMC
  - Create a new User Group (Monitoring)
  - Add the appropriate user(s)
  - Remove the privileges 'Backup Local Data' and 'Recover Local Data'