Networker

Re: [Networker] No full backups of this save set were found in the media DB

2011-11-16 01:50:52
Subject: Re: [Networker] No full backups of this save set were found in the media DB
From: Dag Nygren <dag AT NEWTECH DOT FI>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2011 08:50:11 +0200
måndag 14 november 2011 19:53:29 skrev  ruhailmushtaqvakil:
> Hi All,
>
> It is something strange happening.
>
> I have a solaris 10 host with a Windows client.
>
> The NMC shows a failure for E drive, with a message "No full backups of
> this save set were found in the media database; performing a full backup"
> . This is happening on a daily basis, and some more clients have the same
> issue.
>
> I thought it can be a case of media corruption. However when i checked
> through mminfo command , i found the backup is happening.
>
> The problem is i dont want to see my queue red just because of this one
> single error.
>
> Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Pay close attention to the hostname in the report and compare it to the name
in your client settings. FQN and so on. Have seen this happening when the
indexing is done under a different name than the client reports. Usually the
reason is that the client have multiple names in your DNS. Use aliases in the
client settings to tell Networker that they are all the same

Dag