Networker

Re: [Networker] OT - migrating a VM to a physical machine

2011-11-15 19:29:52
Subject: Re: [Networker] OT - migrating a VM to a physical machine
From: Eugene Vilensky <evilensky AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2011 18:27:35 -0600
On Tue, Nov 15, 2011 at 9:46 AM, Michael Leone
<Michael.Leone AT pha.phila DOT gov> wrote:

> I think that should work. Anyone ever done anything similar? The BMR
> should just be: install same version of Windows onto physical hardware (no
> need for updates) with same name and IP address, not as member of domain.
> Install NW client (same version as what's in the VM). Do a full restore of
> everything except the NW client program files folder. Reboot when
> prompted. That should work as a BMR for a 32bit Win2003 box, yes?

Michael,
Reading the NW Admin guide as well as some of the Microsoft
documentation, my understanding is the only supported BMR option for
Windows without using 3rd party tools is ASR:
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc758365(WS.10).aspx

Curious which way you have decided.

Cheers,
Eugene