Networker

[Networker] NMC backup and licensing question

2011-11-14 16:51:42
Subject: [Networker] NMC backup and licensing question
From: bingo <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2011 13:50:57 -0800
@Michael

probably a bad habit but without a different style, color or other indication i
am just always confused by these permanent repetitions. It is hard to actually
find the response. So i usually avoid repetitions as INMO i do not see any
benefit in repeating the same text over and over again.

ML: So I still don't understand where these references to the NMC machine not
needing a client license are coming from.

I think the explanation is straight - the data must be belong to a NW client
and if it is not the NW server then it needs a license. Most likely the reason
why by default NMC will install on the NW server.

BTW - you could also upgrade the NW server machine itself.
We have about 500 clients and run NMC on the NW server just fine.