Networker

[Networker] Question about Windows VM servers and backups

2011-11-14 10:53:34
Subject: [Networker] Question about Windows VM servers and backups
From: Matthew Powell <mtpowel AT CLEMSON DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2011 10:51:52 -0500
I am running Legato Networker 7.5.3 on Solaris 10 and I am backing up a bunch
of VMWARE servers that are running Windows Server 2008. We stopped backing up
the VSS stuff since we did not need it. Now I am getting a bunch of errors that
look like this in my reports.

* client:Probe savefs client: succeeded.
* client:C: 70331:save: bad file name C: in Shadow Copy Saveset Directives,
ignored
client: C:                        level=full,      5 KB 00:00:03      2 files
* client:D: 70331:save: bad file name C: in Shadow Copy Saveset Directives,
ignored
clinet: D:                        level=full,      5 KB 00:00:03      2 files
samqfs4: index:client              level=full,     58 KB 00:00:02     39 files
--
Matt Powell
mtpowel AT clemson DOT edu