Networker

[Networker] Backups of the NMC database failing, but not marked as failed?

2011-11-11 08:24:24
Subject: [Networker] Backups of the NMC database failing, but not marked as failed?
From: "Brian O'Neill" <oneill AT OINC DOT NET>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2011 08:23:51 -0500
I just noticed this after updating one server to 7.6.2, but looking back it appears to have been a problem in the past.

I have a client entry to back up the NMC stuff every night on the server, called "backup1". the Save set is:

NMCASA:/gst_on_backup1/lgto_gst

In the backup report, backup1 backs up as "Succeeded", but in the details, I can see that all the savepsm entries were successful, except the last:

NMCASA:/gst_on_backup1/lgto_gst 19232:savepsm: Failed to connect to the NMC database.

The /root/.odbc.ini file is in place, and looks correct although I've noticed the modified date indicates it hasn't been updated in several years:

[ODBC Data Sources]
lgto_gst=Adaptive Server Anywhere 9.0

[lgto_gst]
DatabaseFile=/opt/lgtonmc/lgto_gstdb/lgto_gst.db
ServerName=gst_on_backup1
CommLinks=tcpip(ServerPort=2638)
Driver=/opt/lgtonmc/bin/../sybasa/lib/libdbodbc9_r.so

It still looks correct though. Is this an actual problem or a false message?

-Brian