Networker

Re: [Networker] RHEL6 mail savegroup notifications

2011-11-07 13:33:44
Subject: Re: [Networker] RHEL6 mail savegroup notifications
From: Francis Swasey <Frank.Swasey AT UVM DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2011 13:32:21 -0500
On 11/7/11 11:31 AM, Eugene Vilensky wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a RHEL 6.1 server that is sending savegroup notifications as
> attachments (subject.dat file) and not in the body of a message.

Eugene,

The biggest issue with the version of mailx that is included in RHEL 6.x is
that it arbitrarily
converts text into attachments if it determines that there is anything that is
not printable
ascii included in the file.  Sadly, there is no way to disable that "feature"
and I have been
struggling with finding the random control characters that get included so I
can nuke them with
tr commands before mailx sees the data stream (to get it to send clear text).

Sadly, this falls into the area of NetWorker doesn't really work completely
with RHEL6, yet.
Just like the chkconfig -add for the networker startup script is not done as
part of the
install on RHEL6 systems, you have to do that by hand right now.