Networker

[Networker] Ordinal 3249 not fount in LIBEAY32.dll

2011-10-27 10:12:52
Subject: [Networker] Ordinal 3249 not fount in LIBEAY32.dll
From: MPieper <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2011 07:12:09 -0700
Still trying to figure out how to answer this correctly, i'm not used to
mailing lists, so i hope the way i used is ok  [Embarassed]

stan wrote:

Did you make any changes on your NetWorker server involving SSL? I did a google
search for LIBEAY32 and it appears to be used by SSL for encryption purposes.
-------
No, i did not change anything regarding the Networker. Only the regular Windows
Updates were applied. Also there is an installation of Backup Exec on the
server, wich is updated regularly. This parallel installation was never an
issue before, this worked for almost 2 years now. Of course we start and stop
the respective services when we switch the software.

bingo wrote:

What are you talking about? - is this the NW server or a client?
-------
Sorry if i was not clear enough, i'm sadly not that familiar with networker.
I'm talking about Networker Server.

Small, Joshua wrote:

Ordinal 3249 is the exported function "CRYPTO_is_threading_enabled".
The version I have here that works with 7.3.3 was built against OpenSSL 0.9.7d
and size of 798270 bytes.
If replacing the existing dll lets inquire etc work but the service still won't
start, it sounds like nsrexecd might be finding a different libeay32.dll on the
system somewhere, or not finding the dll at all?

Regards,
Josh
-------
When i look at the server with ProcessMonitor, filtered for access of
libeay32.dll, nsrexed.exe acesses the correct dll. When i rename the dll in the
bin directory, i see that nsrexecd.exe tries various versions of the dll
present on the system, until it quits with the error message.

I did a search for libeay32.dll on the server, one version was found in a .cab
file of networker, with a size of 798,720 bytes, but there is no version
information for this file. When i copied that dll to the bin directory, the
error changes, it now can't locate ordinal 3872...

-------