Networker

Re: [Networker] client is not properly configured on the NetWorker Server

2011-10-26 09:07:55
Subject: Re: [Networker] client is not properly configured on the NetWorker Server
From: "STANLEY R. HORWITZ" <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2011 13:06:53 +0000
I see this problem whenever another CNAME is added to a client's DNS entry
after the client resource is added to NetWorker. An easy way to deal with that
problem is to simply add the new alias name onto the aliases list of the
relevant client entry. Deleting and creating the client entry solves the
problem because it then picks up the additional CNAME alias from DNS, but it is
overkill in my opinion.