Networker

Re: [Networker] NMC won't accept password after Java update

2011-10-24 09:29:47
Subject: Re: [Networker] NMC won't accept password after Java update
From: Yaron Zabary <yaron AT ARISTO.TAU.AC DOT IL>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2011 15:29:11 +0200
Same problem here. Someone here said that it happened after he updated yesterday to 1.6.0.29. On 1.7.0 b147 (XP 32bit) it works OK.

On 10/24/11 14:50, Michael Leone wrote:
Today I updated Java on the Win XP VM I use as an NMC console. It updated
to the latest Java - update 29, I think it is. And now I can't launch NMC
from that VM. It keeps complaining that the password is wrong ("Could not
authenticate this user name and password, try again").

Yet, if I point my browser from my workstation to that VM, I can log into
NMC, using that same user name and password.

(my workstation is running Win 7, and has Java Update 21 installed (I have
both 32bit and 64bit installed).

I have tried clearing the Java temporary files cache on the VM, to no
avail.

Has anyone else seen this?

(I have not tried uninstalling NMC or Java and re-installing yet, I
thought I would check to see if it was Just Me who has seen this error,
first)

--

-- Yaron.