Networker

[Networker] NMM2.3

2011-10-18 09:45:46
Subject: [Networker] NMM2.3
From: dave2 AT CAMBRIDGECOMPUTER DOT COM
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2011 09:44:57 -0400
Hi,

Try system@exchangehost and <exchangeadmin>@exchangehost.

If my exchange server is exch2010 and the exchange admin I used to install
NMM is exchadm then I would add the following to the NetWorker
Administrators list:

system@exch2010

exchadm@exch2010

Make sure that exch2010 is pingable via short name. If you have any concerns
about short versus fully qualified name resolution, put in another two lines
with the fully qualified name, eg:

system@exch2010

exchadm@exch2010

system AT exch2010.domain DOT com

exchadm AT exch2010.domain DOT com

This worked for me on a configuration I did Friday.

Dave

Dave Gold

Sr. Technical Solution

Cambridge Computer Services

dgold AT cambridgecomputer DOT com

781-250-3260

*Celebrating our 20th Anniversary*

…

Date:    Mon, 17 Oct 2011 07:41:57 -0700

From:    craig yurchison <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>

Subject: NMM 2.3 backup issue

I have tried :

user=*, host=name.domain.edu/com/etc

or

user=administrator, host=FQDN

I am aware of the security risk of *@*, this was how emc's testing started,
I also can't have * <at> the host name as well, we backup many different
customers and with this added to the admins gives one customer way too much
power.  I have also tried administrator, system, even a seperate local
account in the adminstrator list.  Emc had me run the networker processes
under an account that has admin access to the sharepoint, but I have another
sharepoint server that the service is running under the local system
account.

I have read the mnn admin guide, but there is nothing in there stating what
account should run the services.