Networker

Re: [Networker] NetApp

2011-10-05 15:02:57
Subject: Re: [Networker] NetApp
From: "Werth, Dave" <dave.werth AT GARMIN DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2011 12:02:09 -0700
Since none of us have experience with NetApp around here I'm not sure we've
thought that far yet.

The reason for getting it is that our primary file server is filling up and we
need to add capacity and decided it was time to bite the bullet.

So this will be primarily for file serving and the size will be around 16 TB
with 2 TB SATA drives (our current file server is about 3 TB on a full backup).
 It will be served to our users through a DFS server.

I don't really have answers to your other questions at this point.

BTW, our current version of NetWorker is 7.6.1 but I expect to be on 7.6.2 when
we install the NetApp.

Thanks, Dave

Dave Werth
Garmin AT, Inc.