Networker

[Networker] Is it possible to relocate existing indexes to new location?

2011-10-03 14:30:22
Subject: [Networker] Is it possible to relocate existing indexes to new location?
From: brerrabbit <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2011 11:28:22 -0700
Greetings

The drive I have my client indexes on, as well as the Networker server
installation, is starting to fill up.  We're currently running Networker 7.5.4
on Windows 2003 x64

We're not in imminent danger of a full drive, and I'm mulling a few options on
how to address it, but I'm curious if there is a way to move selected clients'
existing indexes.

I'm aware of the entry in the client resource to specify a non-default
location.....is it sufficient to copy the existing indexes to a new location
and then update the client accordingly?

I plan to do some testing, but I thought I'd see if anyone has tackled this
before with any success....

Thanks in advance!
--brerrabbit