Networker

[Networker] Indexes disappearing ..

2011-09-29 12:25:34
Subject: [Networker] Indexes disappearing ..
From: bingo <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2011 09:25:05 -0700
Hi Michael,

it seems that we are are struggeling with command syntaxes.

1. My command
"nsrls -v -t [n]savetime client"                     should in fact read
"nsinfo -v -t [n]savetime client"

nsrls just reports the index size, not the contents.
Sorry for the confusion.

2. Your command seems to be wrong as well:

E:\nsr\bin>mminfo -a -r "name,ssid,ssb"
unknown report constraint: ssb
usage: mminfo [-avV] [-o order] [-s server] [-x exportspec] [report] [query]
[volname...]

<report>: [ -m | -p | -B | -S | -X | -r reportspec ]
<query>:  [-c client] [-N name] [-t time] [-q queryspec]

E:\nsr\bin>

The only hits i got from the Command Line Reference for "ssb" are
  ssbrowse
  ssbundle

However if you use "ssflags" instead will result in an output like yours.
Another alternative would be "sumflags".

As is said - if NW does not delete the index, another operation must be
responsible for it. Carefully look at cron jobs etc. Another possibility is to
move the client's CFI to a new directory which can not be affected by any other
job yet. Then just adjust the client's index path.