Networker

Re: [Networker] Netware restores in years to come...

2011-09-29 11:30:54
Subject: Re: [Networker] Netware restores in years to come...
From: "Nelson, Allan" <an AT CEH.AC DOT UK>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2011 16:30:05 +0100
Hi Stan
Retention time is going to be 1 year (possibly 2 but we hope not).
On my site there's around 10TB in total on these servers.
I've just built a traditional Netware6.5sp6 server VM, installed the Networker
client on it and have tested directed recovers (they worked!).
We're not bothered about trustees coming across - we'll sort that out when the
time comes.  This is intended for small restores of a directory or two, we'd
never need the full volume after the main servers have gone.
So, I'll probably just keep that Netware VM handy just in case we need it.

I guess one thing we have to watch is when we upgrade our Networker server to
for example 7.6.2 and that breaks the Netware client (it's working in 7.6.1).
We won't get any help from EMC ;-)

Cheers... allan.

Allan Nelson
CCS Lancaster